Monday, January 19, 2009

Update


For MLK Day we took the kids to Skateland! Boy was that a trip to the past. I don't think roller rinks will ever change - dirty, grimy and creepy men skating by themselves for hours at a time. But, I must say we had a terrific time. None of my kids had really skated before and they were real troopers. They stuck with it for two hours straight, bumped their tailbones and few times and got hot and sweaty. My girls started off hanging on my arms, but after a 1/2 hour they were skating by themselves. When it was time to go they said they definitely wanted to go there again. I'm all for it - that was a fun family activity.

The week of January 9th we went to Pinetop with my parents, Reed and Melissa and their girls, and Phil and Heather. We had an amazing time. It was FFF-RRRR-EEEE-EEEE-zing, but tons of fun. There was so much snow. I really thought my kids would play for a few minutes and then be back inside to get warm. I was wrong. They played until they were frozen; that wouldn't be an exageration for Kyle. His pants literally froze and his boots rubbed a raw spot on his calf. He played until it hurt. They went sledding, threw snowballs at each other, ate snow and licked icesicles. The last two activities probably weren't such a great idea; but, oh well.
We love to go to the cabin, especially when there's lots of family there to enjoy it with. We hope to go again before the snow is gone for the season.



6 comments:

Andrea Gunnell said...

Sure sounds like a lot of fun. We haven't been to the cabin in a long time. I think we need to plan a trip up there!

Meredith Ferrin said...

what a fun trip! Boy you are a good mom to take your kids to skateland.......I have lots of fun memories of that place!

the snow is beautiful also!

Dents said...

look at you skating. It looks like you have spent some alone time down at the rink :) That is a lot of snow, how fun for the kids to all play with their cousins. I trust you warned them about yellow snow. Taryn looks like a real sweetie.I remember feeding those toy horses spices from grandma's cupboard :)

Jana said...

Tyson was just asking me about going ice skating... maybe we should try the roller variety! Cute snow pics!

The Atomic Mom said...

Wendy G...didn't know you were a blogging lady. Good to know that. :) Ahhh....Goober----er--I mean Skateland. I remember that place. We used to think it was so cool to go there...I think your assesment is right, dirty, grimy with a smattering of skeevey men.

Thanks for reading our blog. :) Joyce

Natalie said...

Both of those activities sound SO fun! I would love to take the kids rollerskating sometime. Let me know if you want to go, and maybe we'll tag along.