Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summer Fun!!!







Summer has definitely begun and I'm having a good time with the kids being home. Boredom has not set in yet. The kids stay busy all morning with swim team. Paige and Jenna take a P.E. class and jump roping class, respectively, each morning. The girls also do a cooking class with a friend once a week. Finally, we have play dates set up with friends during the week as well. I keep them busy with plenty of chores and piano lessons. I take them swimming during the day. Taryn has really taken to the water. I definitely have to keep my hands and eyes on her at all times.



I decided to teach the kids piano myself since I wanted Paige to start taking as well. It gets a little pricey with 3 kids in lessons. Kyle and Jenna are a sinch to teach (thanks, Meredith for doing all the hard work). Paige is difficult because she doesn't seem to grasp the concepts as well. At least I've been consistent. I think that will be the key to success.









On June 3rd Taryn went into PCH to have her little pyogenic granuloma removed from below her eye. She looks so fantastic. It's going to be unoticeable very soon. I'm so glad we did that. I was a little worried about her going under anesthesia, but I had nothing to worry about. The entire event was smooth and simple. The staff at PCH are terrific! The above picture is in the PCH preop waiting area. Taryn had so much fun playing with all of the toys.

8 comments:

Jana said...

Very very cute new blog template! You're kids are so dang cute! Good luck with the piano lessons! I hated it growing up and regret not doing it now! Force them! Congrats to Taryn's sucessful surgery!

Anonymous said...

Wow, your blog looks better than mine! I've got some work to do. It was nice to visit you and the kids. I wish I could have spent more time with you.

Heather said...

Hooray for a new post! I too fancy your delightful blog template, good job.

I wish I knew how to play the piano, I will have to learn with my kids someday.

Andrea Gunnell said...

Your blog looks so cute! I love it. Sounds like your keeping your kids busy with some fun stuff.
I wish I had a piano...someday I will and then my kids can learn to play also! That's awesome that you are teaching them yourself. Good luck with that!

Natalie said...

Wendy-great job with your blog! I am proud of you! I'm grateful we have the kids playing this summer. We're off to Utah tomorrow but we'll be back the 21st. Good luck with the piano lessons--I know I couldn't do it myself. You're the WOMAN! Natalie

lackrik said...

Hey Wendy!

WHEN did your kids get so big! They are darling!

And glad I found your blog. ;)

Unknown said...

How did you learn to change your template? Its very cute

I can't wait to come see everyone. Even Uncle Dave will be there to give piggyback rides! See you soon!

Dents said...

I am impressed that you are teaching your kids piano, that must take a lot of time. The summer PE class is a great idea. How do your girls like the swim team? I have been trying to get Maren in one, but she doesn't have the endurance yet...just lessons for now. I am glad Taryn's procedure went well.