Sunday, November 16, 2008

Life is Good



I haven't posted for a while and looking at my Halloween background motivated me to do something.

Yesterday my sister-in-law, Heather, took our family pictures. She is very talented and you can see some of her work on her blog - http://heathergunnellphotography.blogspot.com/. We bribed the kids to cooperate by promising them a treat. We took them out to dinner at Tasty Joes (chinese). They didn't like it, and it cost us $40 to take our family. We ate the leftovers for lunch today. They were not happy to see rice on their plates for a second day in a row. But I told them I am not throwing $40 in the garbage. We WILL eat it - we just won't take them there again. We should have just taken them to Wendy's.

Paige has been sick again but is getting better. She is getting her six year molars, has two canker sores in her mouth and a croupy cough. Poor thing. She is a sweety when she is sick, though. There is very little yelling and fighting when Paige is out of the mix. She is feeling much better now and so she is back at peak performance. I said, "It's amazing how there is not fighting when you are sick, Paige." In her very irate voice she says, "WELL, NO ONE IS MEAN TO ME WHEN I AM SICK!"

Steve has been working on our family room this weekend. He sanded and restained the bookshelf and mantle. I love it. We want to get as much done as possible before company comes for Thanksgiving. He works so hard. I feel like a real bum next to him. He works all day at his job, comes home and helps me with the kids, does paperwork, works on our house, goes to church meetings. His list never ends, and he never acts out of sorts with me about it. He is patient and obedient. I am so grateful for him.

8 comments:

Heather said...

Wendy, I can't wait to see all the hard work Steve has put into your house, he is amazing and I wish I had an ounce of his talent.

I didn't know Paige had been sick! She did great yesterday. Love the description of sweet Paigey and her comments. Hilarious!

Tasty Joe's. Weird name for a chinese place, the kids didn't like it but did you? I don't think I'll be eating there anyway.

Thanks for the shout out and it was my extreme pleasure to capture your beautiful and sweet family.

Natalie said...

love your new layout. that is funny about paige. I could say the same about one of my kids too, but I think you already know who I'm talking about. hee hee

Shelby said...

What a cute family picture!! And I agree with Heather TASTY JOE's? not a good name for chinese food!!

Unknown said...

very cute cute family pookie. we are looking forward to coming down and seeing everyone!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

What a cute family pic! Love it! :) You guys are one good looking family!

Jana said...

Beautiful picture! Cute post! Husbands are just plain awesome!!!

Dents said...

beautiful family portrait

lackrik said...

Beautiful picture! You're kids are growing up!!!