Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Project



I've decided that instead of calling my house my home, I'm going to start calling it "the project". But, I'm enjoying the process. I'm grateful for each small thing that is accomplished (thanks to Steve) and I always look forward to the next thing. I don't think our house will ever be "completed", but maybe that's the fun of it.



This is Steve's latest accomplishment. This massive wall is in our family room. The wood used to be a 1980's honey-colored oak (just like our kitchen cabinets still are). At one time we had our TV mounted above the fireplace. My aunt convinced us that that was the wrong look for that room. She was right, as she has been about everything. Steve took out the cabinets, sanded them and re-stained them. He put a new backing on them and painted them green. My father-in-law made most of the picture frame before he passed away. Steve finished it. Needless to say, that frame is extremely important to our family. Now that it's finished I'm afraid to put anything on the shelves. I don't want to mess it up. I guess it's time to give Aunt Kay another call.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! That looks amazing Wendy! Or should I say Steve? I love the green and new darker wood. What a special thing to have that frame that Steve's dad made. I love it all, can't wait for Thursday.

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Wow! That looks great! And how cool that Steve's dad made the frame! I love it even more now! Good job Wendy! The green you picked is my favorite color!

Dents said...

That looks great, how handy to have a carpenter in the family.